Friday, January 02, 2009

A smaller cat family

A part of going through a divorce is giving up half of everything that is a part of your life. In a way giving up the money is easier than other aspects that are so much a part of your life and can never be replaced. I am replacing the tools, got an answering machine now, new furniture will eventually fill the empty rooms, but there is nothing that I can do about the two cats that are no longer here.

Milo and Bailey don't live here any more. I was on vacation and out of town when they left, which in it's own way is good. My last memory of them will be of them in their every day life here and not them being carted off and distruaght about being in the crates.

Dusty and Hobbs, the cats that remain with me, miss their brothers. They search the house for their mates many times during the day, their cries upset me. I too miss them. Milo had his way of being the center of attention with his brothers and disrupting the peace - I miss him so very much. Bailey was more attached to my ex but did on occassion come over for some attention.

Last night I dreamt of all the cats. I dreamt that I went to visit Milo and Bailey at their new home, the back yard was a lovely garden with a stream and many birds. They got to hang out outside and loved being there. Dusty and Hobbs visited their brothers in the back yard and enjoyed the grounds as well. At some point in the dream, Milo and Bailey came over to see me, they still recognized me and rubbed their faces on my cheeks and gave me kisses. I had a feeling in my dream that they were telling me that they are okay and miss me as well.

I know they will be fine and well taken care of. I think the dream is the good bye we didn't have.

1 comment:

smariek said...

So sad you didn't get to say goodbye.