Sunday, June 03, 2007

At the finish line

I can't believe it, it's here! The finish line - the project I have been working on for all this time starts up tomorrow. Part of it started this weekend with some technical difficulties but great response none-the-less. Tomorrow it all goes into effect and the users start as well. It seems like for the past few months all I have done is work on this project, about 10-12 hours a day and into the weekends. It feels good to be here. I just want it to be Tuesday - past the first day and into the second!
I am thinking of all the things I want to do once I have the project implemented and under control but the reality is that I actually have to move onto another project and get that complete in less than a month - so just more work. Maybe not as intense but still work! I sure could use a day away from work and phone calls and problems.
Going to LA mid-month for a graduation. Can't decide if I will drive or fly, if I fly, I must rent a car there. I want to spend a couple extra days there so that I am not just there for the graduation and then driving back. It's dad's 65th birthday, so there will be a celebration there with everyone. So what's a good gift for a college grad and for dad's birthday and father's day? The grad already has a job at KPMG - Smariek, any thoughts about what rookies there could use?


Check out the top of this cab - not something you see every day. I've seen it a couple of times now and every time it goes by I have to do a second take.



1 comment:

smariek said...

Well, it's less distracting than those billboard in lights you see on some cabs.

So how did it go today? Shoulders feeling ton lighter?

Can't help with parental unit gifts, they're such hard people to shop for.