Sunday, May 20, 2007

The weekend

I took a half day off on Friday and went to Fremont for a belated Mother's Day celebration. We were early, so we stopped by Lake Elizabeth and took a walk around the lake and park. There are a lot of ducks/geese at the lake. The weather was just perfect for being out and about - not too hot and a little breezy.
The dinner plans weren't as set as hoped and got to be difficult to get 15 people into a restaurant on Friday night without reservations. We landed up going to a chinese place which was actually pretty good.

Smariek and I went out for a bit on Saturday. Went to the mall, had a mocha frap and checked out some home improvement books (Smariek just bought a house - yeah!).

Been a vegetable for the rest of the weekend. I did however manage to finish the Bourne Identity and have started the Bourne Supremacy. I am normally a pretty fast reader but it took me a long time (2 weeks) to finish the first one - not sure if it's an indication of me being tired and slow or the book being detailed and long.

It's D's and Smariek's birthday tomorrow.

1 comment:

smariek said...

You always take great photos.