Saturday, May 31, 2008

Exercise, allergies and meme

Hmmm, this blog needs some attention.... updating, etc... will do soon.

The exercise program at 24 Hour Fitness continues. I had been on a regular schedule with the 24 SET (strength endurance training) 4 days a week and yoga on Sunday. Sadly, the gym is changing the offerings... and the instructor makes a big difference. Need to add more cardio to the routine, so I've been checking out other classes - Turbo Kick Boxing and Beginner Step. The problem with these classes is that it takes time to get used to the moves and I have very poor coordination. I tried the Step class today after my regular SET class - bad idea. I was tired from the first class already and only made it through 20 minutes of the Step class. There are people that go from class to class, for 3 hours!! I've noticed a difference with me from the program - yay!

The fun of being a woman, NOT! The other day, I noticed a lump in my armpit - never good. The lump hurt, and as I've heard people say, cancer does not hurt, I knew I had to see the doctor but was not too worried. Saw the doctor, infected hair follicle, need antibiotics, reminded her that I was allergic to sulpha, so she writes a prescription for amoxcillin (penicillin). Started taking them on Thursday and today, Saturday, I have a rash on my legs! Same reaction as sulpha. So off the antibiotics until the rash is gone and will call doctor on Monday if the lump is still there. I wonder how many I am allergic to....

Smariek did this meme and it looked interesting, so here goes:

Four jobs I've had:

1. Receptionist (at the local state university extension program)
2. Sample maker (greeting cards) for a rubber stamp company
3. Intern
4. Traffic Engineer

Four movies I've watched more than once (this could be a really long list):
1. Sleepless in Seattle
2. You Have Mail
3. Groundhogs Day
4. 50 First Dates

Four places where I have lived:
1. Poona, India
2. Hong Kong
3. Panchgani, India
4. San Francisco, CA

Four TV shows I watch:
1. House
2. CSI
3. 24 (when will it be on again????)
4. Heroes (Hasn't been on since the writer's strike)

Four places I've visited:
1. Paris
2. Maui
3. Shanghai
4. Brussels

Four favorite foods (just 4?):
1. Mocha/Mocha Frap (does coffee count as food?)
2. Ice cream
3. Noodles
4. Pav Bhaji (an indian dish)

Four sites I (try to) visit (almost) daily (or weekly):
1. Flickr
2. Yahoo
3. Smariek Knits
4. Gmail

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. At Starbucks (with a good friend and preferably with a good view)
2. At a new adventure
3. The Getty
4. Chi Lin Monastery

Four things I'm looking forward to this year:
1. Tania's wedding
2. A potential trip this fall to Phoenix
3. Buying a new (smaller size) dress
4. Taking a course in something new (collage, sewing, photoshop.....)

1 comment:

smariek said...

I love the first three movies you mentioned, haven't seen the 4th one but I bet I'd also like it.

I think you should take a photography class.