Monday, June 02, 2008

A new adventure - re/discover San Francisco


As I was working through the meme and the question about the places I would rather be right now, it occurred to me that a lot of the places that came to mind were not here in San Francisco. And I thought, surely there are places here that I would like to be that are close to home.

While on my vacation, I came across a number of places that I enjoyed just taking in. The Getty (in LA) is that way for me as well. A place that I can spend hours doing nothing, or taking pictures or having coffee and be at peace.

So this summer, I am on an adventure to discover and rediscover San Francisco and the Bay Area. The type of location does not matter, it could be historic, cultural, religious, scenic... just has to be a place where you can lose yourself for hours.

If you know of a place like this, please do comment and share.


1 comment:

smariek said...

Hanging out at the Ferry Building. Lots of good eats. There's a Peet's Coffee, and you can sit outside and watch the boats go by.