Saturday, September 30, 2006

A nice Saturday afternoon.

A couple of weeks ago, as I was walking through the airport, I saw this woman walking towards me, holding a green hula hoop in her hand. She came up to me and asked me if I had a little girl, looking at the hoop in her hand, I said no. She told me she wanted to give the hoop to someone and not throw it away. I told her she could take it on the plane with her and while that is the case, it was a bit cost prohibitive either to take it on the plane or to ship it. I felt quite bad, she told me that her friend had decorated it and gifted it to her. She was headed home to Australia and was sad about having to throw it away. Having attachments to such things myself, I knew exactly how she felt and offered to give it to my cousin Nik-nik (nick name). I assured her that it was going to a great person and a good home and I had promised to send her photos of Nik-nik with the hoop. I gave her a hug and got her email address.

Today I delivered the hula hoop and Nik-nik did indeed like it and got those pictures to send to email to the lady. It turned out to be a fun day. We went out shopping for a bit, checked out some clothes, went to Ulta, got some Starbucks and headed back to her place. While at Ulta, Nik-nik offered to straigthen my hair to see how it would look and I took her up on the offer, so we got right to it when we got back. It's funny, I used to fix her hair when she was a kid and now she was working on my hair. She did a really detailed job and my hair is straight as straight can be. While she was at it, she continued with some make up. It was a fun make over and so unlike me - I looked like I was ready for a night on the town. The straight hair takes a little getting used to but it looks good. Nik was so happy with herself, she said I looked so much younger - like a 21 year old - really funny that girl. Hehe, 21 years old - ha! But it was fun...

All in all it was a really nice afternoon.

No comments: