Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Whiskers On Wednesday & life in general

There has been a lot going on in some ways and little in other ways. Work and personal matters have kept me busy and pre-occupied. I am trying to keep my head above water in many aspects but sometimes it gets to me..... and apparently it shows on my face. A friend gave me this card - the cat is doing yoga, lol and the message below is hysterical.
Today's whisker is about Milo, also known as the rascal. He is the youngest of the clan and thinks he is the alpha. He does nothing but cause havoc with the others. Last night I finally picked up some knitting, a head band I was working on that has fallen to the way side. The needles I am using are rather long and Milo decided that the end was fun to bat at while I was knitting. Now I remember why I just sort of dropped the project.....

I've been working out with a personal trainer once a week and he wanted me to start using the elliptical - blah! He wanted me to work my heart rate up to 140 and keep it there for 3o minutes. I tried that a couple of times and had trouble getting the heart rate up and being on it for 30 minutes was boring and difficult. I got a little mp3 player (creative labs Stone) which has really helped and the trainer helped me with the heart rate and keeping it there. I found that it's easier for me to get the heart rate up in the evening compared to the morning. I am working my endurance up at this point and once I am better at that, I will add to the incline and resistance.

1 comment:

smariek said...

Aw, he looks like an angel there. You should try circular needles, no needle ends waving about in the air.