Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cayden the Cat

I have great news! The kitten I rescued in Shanghai, Cayden, was adopted. If you don't know the story (where have you been???), check it out here. I had been watching their website and knew that he had been adopted but got an email the yesterday from the rescue following up with the story....

Hi V........,

Hope your trip back to the US was OK. Did you get a chance to see Cayden's adoption gallery on the SCAA website? He's been moved from the cats for adoption to "happily ever after"! He found a good home a few weeks ago and I;ve been meaning to touch base with you ever since.

Cayden came to my place for a couple days after he got his first vaccination and then his new mom came over the meet him and fell in love with him right away. Can't blame her - he is a real character and so cuddly. He is the kitten sleeping on the pillow next to my boyfirend in the photo I have as my facebook profile :)

Cayden is now called Milo and he shares the house with an older kitten named Dizzy. Dizzy is deaf and was a little too energetic to be on her own - waking Anna up around 5 am every day for attention. It took a few days, but Dizzy and Milo are now friends and Anna can sleep to a decent hour as the cats have each other.

Thanks for your donation to SCAA. A bit of tragedy on your visit to Shanghai but in the end, a lot of good came out of it.

Cheers,

L

1 comment:

smariek said...

Yay, a happy ending! Funny that he should be renamed Milo!