Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Whiskers on Wednesdays

This is my first post for Whiskers on Wednesday and I thought I would share a special little place I visited on the weekend. I went to the San Francisco Presidio, which was a military base but is now a part of the Golden Gate National Recreational Area. The presidio had base housing, a cemetary and under the approach to the Golden Gate Bridge a little pet cemetary. I've never been to a pet cemetary before so I have nothing to compare against, but this had to be the sweetest place I have ever been to.















See inscription here.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious to have such a special pet cemetary. Your view of the foggy bridge is amazing!

smariek said...

You've found a little known corner of San Francisco. I can't believe it was so foggy/cloudy last weekend.

meg said...

I remember visiting the pet cemetary when I was in grade school- my teacher pointed it out as an oddity, but I thought it was perfectly reasonable.
I'd like to go back & do some exploring now that the Presido is open- I hear there is a pretty decent restaurant up there.

Bubblesknits said...

I think it's wonderful! Our pets are so often like family members, so it only makes sense to want to honor them in the same way. :-)