Friday, November 10, 2006

It's been a while

Gosh - it's been a while since I've posted anything here. Where did the time go?

I've been busy with the every day things. The time change has gotten the whole routine off a bit, especially since it's dark even before I leave work. Been knitting/crocheting caps and keeping up with Cap-Karma. Read a book - Prey by Michael Crichton. Starting Wicked tonight.

Other than the normal things, I've been trying to finalize my trip to Paris. Yes, I am going to Paris next month. I am pretty excited about it, a little anxious about being in a strange place by myself but that's what adventures and traveling are all about, right? It should be lovely there, right before the holidays - the city of lights in the season of lights. The extended family are all going on a cruise at the same time - got invited to join them but it was out of the question given my plans - but honestly, 11 days on a boat is probably way too much for me.

Before I get on that plane, I've got to complete my illustrator class - I am getting way behind with the assignments. This second class exercises are much more involved and challenging. I've also got to pick a "wild card" project, which is basically a free choice project that we pick to illustrate using the many techniques we have learned. Choice is not a good thing for me as it takes me forever to make creative decisions. I supposed I should decide on what I want to do this weekend since I have less than a month to finish it.

4 comments:

stitching pooh said...

Wwo a trip to Paris, how cool. I got to go when I was 18 Oh what fun. I wish i had my digital then. but I kept a journal. You might consider keeping the bloog running. and document from there. For memory sake. I could go on and on but gotta get back to work

smariek said...

Never been on a cruise before so can't comment on that, however I am positive I can spend 11 days in Paris...

Actually, I'm not even sure I can spend 11 days with my extended family. Too much of a good thing, ya know?

V. said...

Marie - I know what you mean about too much of a good thing....

Pooh - would love to have a blog for the trip but will need to figure out the internet access thing and the lugging of a laptop thing.... let's see how it works out. At the very least I will tote around a journal.

smariek said...

Oh gawd, don't lug around your laptop (& AC adapter) around. Just take your digicam, and make sure you have enough memory on your card so you don't have to worry about offloading the photos (unless, you decide to take the laptop, AC adapter, & camera cables). Are you taking your camera AC adapter with you? Do you have one of those converter doohickeys? Or does your camera just use AA batteries?