Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The plans are set!

Drum roll please!

After much consternation, the big details are set for the trip next month, tickets, hotels & dates all done. 6 days in Paris and then to Brussels. The only detail I need to finalize is getting from Paris to Brussels - there is a 1 hour flight at 7:30 am (7:30am!!!!!!) from Paris, and I am thinking maybe the train would be better.

Picked up this book today - lots of photos on just about everything. Funny, just read an email from S suggesting something like this.

I've been told it will be cold, so need to prepare for that - I have a nice cashmere scarf but need to get some gloves & some thermals. I don't know about a cap or hat, never been my thing but I may need it.

I need a tote/handbag that I can stuff the scarf and gloves into when I am not wearing them, along with the camera(s). Should I take the camcorder? Maybe I should leave all the shopping for when I get there? A coworker suggested I go with an empty suitcase and shop there for clothing - I am not sure that' such a good idea in many ways.

But that's enough about Paris and the trip. Got a nice card from one of the interns that worked with us over the summer. He moved on to Daytona Beach to be a pilot. It was nice to hear from him again. Was it only 3 months ago that he headed back to school?

I am done with Wicked. I am not sure what I had expected but I have mixed feelings after having read it. Some parts I really enjoyed, ie the times in college with friends, Elphaba's sharp wit, some parts were a bit depressing and some plain strange. Too many parallels with the real world. I had heard so much about the musical and figured it to be a good read and it was but maybe just a bit too descriptive and complex. I don't think I've ever seen the Wizard of Oz but know the story some what, but I guess I never knew a house would fall on the sister! I checked out Son of the Witch at the same time, assuming it's the story of the son. Didn't much care for his character in Wicked.

Better get to bed at a decent time tonight.

2 comments:

smariek said...

Yes, it will be cold over there. We San Franciscans can't handle anything below the 15ÂșC.

Cameras? You're taking more than one?

V. said...

I am still very attached to film cameras and paper photos....