Sunday, November 19, 2006

The second book, crafting and more

I had my annual holiday stamping workshop over the weekend. It's just an afternoon of holiday projects to get the creative juices going for the holidays - unfortunately, I am the one who had the creative block and was stumbling through the process. I guess in a way it was good that I had trouble, that way the others got to see that I too, like them, have trouble with the creative process sometimes (often!).

K, Tania and Smariek came over. Smariek has never been to one of the stamping dates and appeared to enjoy it - it's always fun to be around other creative people. Smariek brought over her completed caps and we got to admire her handy work. Tania shared her wire wrap jewelry - very pretty rings - Tania had both Smariek and myself pick one out for ourselves - I wore mine all weekend. I will have to remember to take a picture and share it here. Smariek also got to try crocheting a bit with Tania - I don't dare teach anyone to crochet given my incredibly poor technique - I crochet like one knits. I haven't seen K in a while and she's been busy with all that lifes throws at people but it was good to see her and I am glad she was able to break away to come by.

Smariek bought me a French at a glance book for my trip - just what I needed! Now all I need to get is a map. Couldn't find fog in there though - found "it is foggy". I have a feeling that while I am there, I will be mixing in some Spanish in my attempts to communicate.

Also picked up a handbag that may comfortably carry these books, a camera and my wallet. Most of the bags I found were either too big or too small and for some reason I didn't seen any bags with long shoulder straps - I guess they aren't fashionable anymore? Forget that they may be practical. Still need some gloves - will try to take advantage of the Thanksgiving sales....

I've started reading Son of a Witch, the sequel to Wicked. So far just building up the story - not bad.

Picked up a new cat toy today and they're actually playing with it! Most often, the toys bought just sit around collecting dust with no interest from the little munchkins but this one was definitely popular - at least for this evening. That's Hobbs in there, getting all wide eyed.

No comments: