Friday, November 24, 2006

Progressing

I've been making a steady amount of progress both with my class work and the trip to Paris.

The unfortunate part of doing my class work on a PC vs a Mac is that I don't have all the fonts that are available with the Mac, so I will have to complete the text portions in the lab next week. I picked my wild card project - Van Gogh's Starry Night. It's a challenge but any project I picked would have been.

So many decisions on the trip. Decided to fly to Brussels, vs taking the train. The train will take me to the other side of town from the Airport and where I am staying and I am really overwhelmed with all the other decisions to make and want to skip wondering about how to get from the train station in Brussels to the hotel. Although the train would have been nice.

I think I will go to 3 museums - Louvre, D'Orsay & Pompidou. Of course there will be the standard sites - the Eiffel Tower, the Arc, Siene, Notre Dame. I've got many links and emails to go through that I've been saving on places to visit. I will try to go through them Sunday. I want to keep this leisurely - with sites in the morning/afternoon and strolls/shopping in the afternoon-evening. Taking trips is so much work!

Braved the crowds today and picked a few things at a great sale. I picked up gloves and thermals.

Also working in a knitting project - cat blanket - the kitties have so many sleeping spots and not enough blankets.

1 comment:

smariek said...

You'll have to show me the Van Gogh project after you're done with it.

I can't believe you went shopping on the day after Thanksgiving! I never do that.