Sunday, October 08, 2006

Nice Long Weekend

It's a three day weekend thanks to Columbus Day.

Smariek and I went to the San Carlos Art & Wine Festival on Saturday. It was a really nice day, weather was warm but not too hot. The festival was nice - the art/crafts booths were better than I had seen elsewhere before. We took our time looking around and taking in all the booths - particularly the knit/crochet wares and the handmade jewelry. We stopped by one particular booth, that I had visited at another festival, to shop for earrings - we took our time going through 5 or 6 baskets of earrings and picked a few for gifts (and one, maybe more for myself). S noted that she couldn't possible do this sort of thing with her DH, and I agreed that this is definitely the kind of thing to do with girl friends and not men. We ended the day with a late lunch at Mimi's.

Today was another warm day - um, aren't we into fall - didn't it rain last week? What season are we in? I spent a lot of time sleeping - a perfect afternoon of napping in the sun - I guess the cats are rubbing off on me... hehe. Went into the office to finish up on my reading for the illustrator class - the exercises in the book need to be done with the software which I don't have at home. Now I am all caught up and ready for the final on Tuesday.

Plans for tomorrow? Nothing yet.... A lazy day reading or crafting? Definitely sleeping in.

No comments: